Definitely, baseball is not as popular as volleyball, basketball or soccer, especially when it comes to sports betting. It does not mean that baseball is not a good option for all punters. There are lots of gambling professionals who claim that this sport is actually one of the most profitable ones. If that is the truth itself, we cannot say with 100% confidence. But we think that there is something true about that statement.
If you want to bet on baseball matches, then you have to be aware of some basics. Take a look at the useful pieces of advice from BestSportPredictions.com :
1. It is not recommendable to place your bets in the initial events of the league season. You wonder why? Here are the reasons for that:
- Take into consideration the weather conditions. In some places, they are really bad, which could make your baseball picks uncertain;
- Plenty of the coaches haven’t ‘formed’ yet the ideal starting line-up for the particular season. Sometimes some coaches even make experiments;
- In the first matches, many of the players are volatile;
- Keep in mind that one season contains many matches. There is nothing bad to wait for a little. So you’d better skip the first events and be patient. Bet only after you are done with the necessary studies on the teams and most of the factors, which could influence the game.
2. Don’t bet on the favorite. Many of the experts say that if your aim is to earn from betting for real, then you should bet mostly on the alleged weaker team. If you use that type of strategy, then you will see that you will be glad in the end;
3. Remember that it happens rarely to be on a long winning streak. If any of the teams has won the last four or five games, you’d better skip the next match (or bet on a victory of the other team).
4. Find more information about the pitchers. They are the most important players in the team and that is why you need to do a thorough analysis on his current condition, history, etc. If the pitcher didn’t play well in the last match, then don’t bet on a win of that team. The opposite is true, too – in case the pitcher played well in the last match, then you may bet on a victory of the particular team.
Last but not least – if you are not completely sure about your baseball predictions, then you should not bet at all, but simply enjoy the game in front the TV, with a bunch of friends and nice drinks.